Eggless Dairy-free Pineapple Cupcakes
These Vegan Pineapple Cupcakes are soft and moist, flavored with pineapple juice and topped with a slice of pineapple and crunchy sugar crystals. These Eggless Dairy-free Pineapple Cupcakes will bring a tropical twist to your holiday dinners.
- 1 Can of Pineapple Slices
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) Pineapple Juice from can Add water if necessary to reach 1/2 cup.
- 1/3 cup (70 g) Superfine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup (140 g) All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 g) Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 g) Baking Soda
- 1/8 tsp (pinch) Salt
- Sugar Crystals for toppings
- Preheat oven to 350oF (180oC).Line a standard 6 cups muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- To a bowl, add sugar and pineapple juice. Whisk until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Then add oil and mix well.
- Sift in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Mix until dry flour is no longer visible. DO NOT OVER MIX (mix until dry and wet ingredients are just combined).
- Spoon batter into cupcake liner until 2/3 full.
- Top each cupcake with a pineapple slice.Press pineapple gently onto batter to fit inside liner.Sprinkle with sugar crystals.
- Bake in preheated oven to 350oF (180oC), rack middle position, 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the middle of cake comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool down in pan for 10 minutes. Then transfer cupcakes to wire rack to cool down completely.