Eggless Dairy-free Red Velvet Cake
This Heart-Shaped Red Velvet Cake is soft and moist and so easy to make.Eggless Dairy-free Red Velvet Cake, perfect for Valentine's day.
- 1 cup (240 ml) Water, room temperature
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) White Vinegar or Lemon Juice
- 3/4 cup (150 g) Superfine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) Vegetable Oil
- 1 ¾ cup (245 g) All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp (7 g) Cocoa Powder
- 1 ½ tsp (6 g) Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 g) Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp (1.5 g) Salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Red Food Coloring Gel (I used AmeriColor Super Red Soft Gel Paste)
- Icing/Powdered Sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350oF (180oC).Grease and line heart-shaped cake pan (8 x 1.5 inch / 20 x 4 cm) with parchment paper. Set aside.
- To a bowl, add water, vinegar and sugar. Whisk until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Then, add vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add vegetable oil and mix well.
- Sift in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Mix until dry flour is no longer visible. DO NOT OVER MIX (mix until dry and wet ingredients are just combined).
- Add red food coloring gel and mix until combined.
- Pour batter into cake pan.Drop pan on table to remove air bubbles.
- Bake in preheated oven to 350oF (180oC), rack middle position, 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the middle of cake comes out clean.
- Let cake cool down in pan for 10 minutes. Then transfer cake to wire rack to cool down completely.
- Place 2 paper hearts on top of cake and dust with icing/powdered sugar. Then, remove paper hearts.