Eggless, Dairy-Free Brownie Cupcakes
These SIMPLE VEGAN BROWNIE CUPCAKES are super moist and easy to make.These eggless, dairy free Brownie Cupcakes are perfect for sharing with friends and family.
- 1/2 cup (50 g) Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) Hot Water
- 1 cup (200 g) Brown Sugar
- 1 ripe or overripe banana (100g). Can be replaced by apple sauce (1/2 cup, 120 ml).
- 1/2 cup (115 g) Melted Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ cup (210 g) All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp (2.5g) Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp (3 g) Salt
- Preheat oven to 350oF (180oC).Line a standard 12 cups muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- To a bowl, add cocoa powder and hot water. Mix well.
- Then add sugar and whisk until sugar is completely dissolved.
- With a fork, mash a ripe or an overripe banana well. Then add to the cocoa, sugar mix. Whisk until well combined.
- Add coconut oil and vanilla extract to the bowl and mix well.
- Sift in flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix until dry flour is no longer visible. DO NOT OVER MIX (mix until dry and wet ingredients are just combined).
- Spoon batter into cupcake liner until 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated oven to 350oF (180oC), rack middle position, 17-18 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the middle of cake comes out clean.For a fudge consistency, bake for 15-16 minutes.
- Let cupcakes cool down in pan for 10 minutes. Then transfer cupcakes to wire rack to cool down completely.