Eggless Dairy-free Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcakes
These Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcakes are soft and moist and full of fresh lemon juice flavor. Eggless Dairy-free Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcakes, perfect for breakfast or afternoon tea!
- Juice from 1 lemon + water to make up to 1 cup (240 ml) liquid.
- 3/4 cup (150 g) Superfine Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) Vegetable oil
- 1 ¾ cup (245 g) All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp (4 g) Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 g) Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp (1.5 g) Salt
- 2 tbsp (18 g) Poppy Seed
- Preheat oven to 350oF (180oC).Line a standard 12 cups muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- Squeeze the juice from 1 lemon. Add water to the lemon juice until 1 cup (240 ml) of liquid is obtained. Mix well.
- To a bowl, add the lemon juice+water and sugar. Whisk until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Then add oil and mix well.
- Sift in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Mix until dry flour is no longer visible. DO NOT OVER MIX (mix until dry and wet ingredients are just combined).
- Add poppy seeds. Mix until just combined.
- Spoon batter into cupcake liner until 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated oven to 350oF (180oC), rack middle position, 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the middle of cake comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool down in pan for 10 minutes. Then transfer cupcakes to wire rack to cool down completely.