Eggless Dairy Free Black Forest Cupcakes
These SIMPLE BLACK FOREST CUPCAKES are super moist and easy to make.Super fluffy chocolate cupcakes, filled sweet cherry and topped with vegan coconut whipped cream and shaved chocolate. Perfect for cherry season.These eggless, dairy free Black Forest Cupcakes are perfect for sharing with friends and family.
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Water, room temperature
- 1 tsp (3 g) Corn Starch
- 1 cup (200 g) Frozen or Fresh Pitted Cherry
- 1 tbsp (12 g) Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup (30 g) Cocoa Powder
- 1 ¼ cup (300 ml) Hot Water
- 3/4 cup (150 g) Superfine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) Vegetable Oil
- 1 ¾ cup (245 g) All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp (12 g) Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp (1.5 g) Salt
Coconut Whipped Cream (Recipe: https://shirleycooking.com/coconut-whipped-cream/)
- 2-3 cans (400ml x 2-3) Coconut milk
- 3 tbsp (24 g) Powdered/Icing Sugar
- Shaved Dark Chocolate
- 12 Fresh Cherries
- To a small bowl add, water and corn starch. Mix well and set aside.
- Place a small saucepan on medium low heat.Add frozen (or fresh) pitted cherry to the pot.Then add sugar and lemon juice.
- Cook on medium low heat, stirring constantly until cherry is soft and mushy, about 7-10 minutes.
- Then add corn starch to the pot and stir on low heat until mixture thickens, about 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer cherry filling to a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350oF (180oC).Line a standard 12 cups muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- To a bowl, add cocoa powder and hot water. Mix well.
- Then add sugar and whisk until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Then add oil and mix well.
- Sift in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix until dry flour is no longer visible. DO NOT OVER MIX (mix until dry and wet ingredients are just combined).
- Spoon batter into cupcake liner until 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated oven to 350oF (180oC), rack middle position, 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the middle of cake comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool down in pan for 10 minutes. Then transfer cupcakes to wire rack to cool down completely.
- Press the bottom of a large pastry tip into each cupcake and remove the middle. Do not go all the way down to the paper liner. An apple corer or a paring knife can also be used.
- Add cherry filling and top with a vegan coconut whipped cream https://shirleycooking.com/coconut-whipped-cream/
- Sprinkle with some shaved dark chocolate or any chocolate of your choice,
- Top with a fresh cherry.