Super Moist Apple Upside Down Cupcakes | No Egg No Milk No Butter Cake.
These Egg-Free Dairy-Free APPLE UPSIDE DOWN CUPCAKES with caramelized apples, topped with super moist cupcakes are perfect for fall. They are full of apple and cinnamon flavors and are so easy to make.Makes 12 cupcakes.
- 1 cup (200 g) Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp (1.5 g) Cinnamon Powder
- 1/2 tsp (1 g) Nutmeg Powder
- 1 apple, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup (150 g) Superfine (granulated) sugar
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) Water, room temperature
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) Vegetable Oil
- 1 ½ cup (210 g) All-Purpose Flour
- 1/8 tsp (1 pinch) Salt
- 1 tbsp (12 g) Baking Powder
- Preheat Oven to 350oF (180oC).
- Line cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- To a bowl, add brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Add 1 tbsp of this sugar mixture to each cupcake liner. Spread evenly.
- Peel apple and remove core. Cut into wedges. Then cut into thin small pieces.
- Place 4 of these small pieces on top of the brown sugar in each cupcake liner.
- Bake in preheated oven 350oF (180oC) for 7 minutes.
- To a bowl, add sugar, water and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- To the same bowl, add oil and mix.Then sift in, flour, salt and baking powder.Mix until no dry flour is visible. Do not overmix.
- Spoon batter over caramelized apple. Fill until liner is 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated oven 350oF (180oC), rack in the middle of oven, for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool down in pan for 10 minutes. Then, transfer to wire rack to cool completely.