How To Make Meringue Without Cream Of Tartar
Those cookies are crisp and light and will melt in your mouth. They are easy to make, with only 3 ingredients, without cream of tartar.
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Lemon juice
- 1 cup (125 g) powdered / icing sugar
- Pink Food Coloring Gel (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200oF (100oC).
- In a very clean bowl, add egg whites. Whisk with hand mixer on medium speed until foamy.
- To the same bowl, add lemon juice and mix well.
- Add sugar little by little, 1 tablespoon at a time and mix well after each addition.
- Beat until stiff peaks are formed and all sugar has dissolved. Mixture should be smooth and shiny.
- Transfer half of meringue mixture to piping bag.
- To the other half of meringue mixture, add pink food coloring gel and mix. Then, transfer to another piping bag.
- Pipe meringue mixture on baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in preheated oven 200oF (100oC) 50-55 minutes. Bottom of meringue cookies should be completely dry and does not stick to parchment paper.
- Let cookies cool down completely on wire rack.
Note: Please make sure bowl is super clean before whipping the egg whites. Rub the bowl with a little bit of vinegar or lemon juice and wipe dry. Do not use plastic bowl.