Eggless Dairy Free Boba Tea Cupcakes
These Vegan BOBA TEA CUPCAKES are super moist, with subtle tea flavor and loaded with sweet chewy boba pearls.Eggless, dairy free Boba Tea Cupcakes, perfect for afternoon tea or anytime of the day.
Boba Tapioca Pearls:
- 1 cup (165 g) Tapioca Pearls
- 33 oz (1 L) Water
- 2 tbsp (25 g) Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup (150 g) Superfine (Granulated) Sugar
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) Water Boiling Hot
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Vegetable Oil
- 1+1/2 cup (210 g) All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp (12 g) Baking Powder
- 1 bag Black Tea
Boba Tapioca Pearls
- To a pot, add water and bring to a boil.
- Then, add tapioca pearls.Cook for 20-25 minutes, until soften.
- Strain tapioca pearls. Add brown sugar and mix until combined.
- Preheat oven to 350oF (180oC).Line a standard 12 cups cupcake pan with paper liners. Set aside.
- To a bowl, add sugar, steeped tea and oil. Whisk until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Sift in flour and baking powder.
- Mix until dry flour is no longer visible. DO NOT OVER MIX (mix until dry and wet ingredients are just combined).
- Spoon batter into cupcake liner until 1/3 full.Then add about 8-10 cooked Boba Tapioca Pearls.Add batter until liner is 2/3 full.Finally, top with 8-10 cooked Boba Tapioca Pearls.
- Bake in preheated oven to 350oF (180oC), rack middle position, 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the middle of cake comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool down in pan for 10 minutes. Then transfer cupcakes to wire rack to cool down completely.