Eggless, Dairy free Apple Cupcake
These eggless, dairy free Apple Cupcake are perfect for breakfast, afternoon tea or anytime of the day.
- 1 (150 g) Apple, grated
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Lemon Juice
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) water
- 3/4 cup (150 g) Superfine Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 cup (210 g) All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp (8 g) Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 g) Baking Soda
- 1/8 tsp (a pinch) Salt
- 1/2 tsp (1.5 g) Cinnamon Powder
Cinnamon Sugar for topping :
- 3 tbsp (36 g) Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp (2.5 g) Cinnamon Powder
- Preheat oven to 350oF (180oC). Line a standard 12 cups cupcake pan with paper liners. Set aside.
- Grate apple. Add lemon juice, mix and set aside.
- To a bowl, add sugar, water and oil. Whisk until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Sift in flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon powder.
- Mix until dry flour is no longer visible. DO NOT OVER MIX (mix until dry and wet ingredients are just combined).
- Add grated apple to batter and mix until just combined.
- Spoon batter into cupcake liner.
- Add cinnamon sugar on top of cupcakes
- Bake in preheated oven to 350oF (180oC), rack middle position, 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the middle of cake comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool down in pan for 10 minutes. Then transfer cupcakes to wire rack to cool down completely.