Eggless, dairy free Purple Sweet Potato Steamed Cupcakes
These SIMPLE VEGAN PURPLE SWEET POTATO STEAMED CUPCAKES are super moist and easy to make. They are perfect for breakfast, afternoon tea or anytime of the day.
- 1 Purple Sweet Potato, peeled and cut into chunks (150 g)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) Warm Water (90-110oF; 32-43oC)
- 1 tbsp (12 g) Sugar
- 1 tsp (3 g) Active Dry Yeast
- 1/4 cup (50 g) Superfine Sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup (140 g) All-Purpose Flour
- 1/8 tsp (1 pinch) Salt
- Line silicone mold with standard size paper liners and set aside.
- Peel and cut sweet potato into chunks. Place on a plate.
- Add enough water in steamer and steam sweet potato chunks on medium high heat for about 20 minutes or until sweet potato is fork-tender. Set aside to cool.
- Add warm water to a small container. Then add sugar and yeast, Mix and let sit for 5-10 minutes,
- To food processor, add cooled steamed sweet potato, sugar, oil and yeast mixture.Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- To a bowl, add flour, salt and sweet potato puree.
- Mix until dry flour no longer visible. Do not overmix.
- Spoon batter into cupcake liners. Dip the back of spoon in water and smooth the surface of cupcakes.
- Place cupcakes in bamboo steamer and let dough rise until it doubles in size, about 30 minutes.
- Then, bring water to boil in steamer/wok. Steam cupcakes on high heat 13-15 minutes. Do not open steamer during steaming.