Super Moist Marble Cake | Vanilla Chocolate Cake | No Egg No Milk No Butter Cake.
This Egg-Free Dairy-Free MARBLE CAKE is super moist and easy to make. If you can't decide between VANILLA CAKE or CHOCOLATE CAKE, this Vanilla Chocolate Zebra Cake is perfect for you.
- 3/4 cup (150 g) Superfine (granulated) sugar
- 1 ¾ cup (245 g) All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tsp (12 g) Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp (1.5 g) Salt
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) Vegetable oil
- 1 cup (240 ml) Water, room temperature
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ tbsp (11 g) Cocoa powder + 2 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350oF (180oC).Grease and line a 7x3inch (18x7cm) round pan with parchment paper.
- To a bowl, add sugar. Then sift in flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- To the same bowl, add oil, water and vanilla extract. Mix until dry flour no longer visible. DO NOT OVER MIX (mix until dry and wet ingredients are just combined).
- Transfer half of the batter to another bowl.
- To one of the bowl, add cocoa powder and 2 tbsp water. Mix until combined.
- Scoop about 2-3 tbsp vanilla batter into cake pan, then add chocolate batter. Alternate with vanilla and chocolate batter until batter is used up.
- Using a skewer, starting at the sides of the pan, slowly pull the batter towards the middle. Repeat 11 times. Wipe skewer clean each time.
- Bake in PREHEATED Oven, 350oF (180oC), rack middle position, 35 minutesor until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cake cook down for 10 minutes in pan. Then, transfer cake to wire rack and let it cool down completely.