Lemon Lavender Shortbread Cookies
These rich and buttery shortbread cookies are perfect for afternoon tea.The Simple Lemon Glaze pairs really well with the Lavender Flavor.
- 1 tbsp (12 g) Granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (2 g) Culinary Lavender
- 1 cup (227 g) Unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (60 g) Powdered sugar / Icing sugar
- 2 cups (280 g) All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup (125 g) Powdered sugar / Icing
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350oF (180oC).
- Place lavender and sugar in bowl or mortar, and crush lightly. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream butter and sugar, with spatula, until mixture is pale yellow.
- Add, flour and lavender sugar mix.Mix until just combined.
- Place dough on a sheet of parchment paper.Cover with a second sheet of parchment paper. Roll out dough till it is 1/4 inch (6 cm) thick.
- Place dough on a baking tray and chill for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the lemon glaze.To a bowl, sift in sugar and then add lemon juice. Mix until combined. Set aside.
- After 30 minutes, dip a cookie cutter 3 inch (7.5 cm) diameter into flour and cut out circles from the chilled dough. Place circles on baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in PREHEATED oven, rack middle position, at 350oF (180oC) for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to cooling rack and let cookies cool down completely.
- Coat cookies with lemon glaze and sprinkle with some lavender.